A pocket knife may look small and tiny, but it’s one of the most practical tools to carry with you. Remember the last time you were looking for something sharp to open a package, slice a delicious mango, cut strings, or for self-defense? Well, that’s when pocket knives come into the picture.
Knowing how valuable a pocket knife can be, finding the sharpest pocket knives that will come in handy for different purposes makes sense. Since there is an array of them, and not every pocket knife is created equally, I have hand-picked the top seven pocket knives that you can choose from.
Whether you want to cut a piece of paper, string, bone a fish, and more, the knives that I have picked for you will let you do those things impeccably. So, why should you trust me? I am a knife enthusiast, and I know the pain one goes through while choosing the best pocket knife.
The one that I highly recommend is Tac-Force Tactical Spring Assisted Knife 4.5. But apart from this, there are six other super sharp knives. Read on!
Here are The Sharpest Pocket Knives – Tried & Tested
#1 Tac-Force Tactical Spring Assisted Knife 4.5
- This spring-assisted pocket folding knife makes deployment easy, and the automatic safety lock mechanism ensures safety.
- This high-quality steel blade features aluminum handles with a glass breaker and a bottle opener.
- It also has a pocket clip, which makes using this sturdy knife safe and easy.
- Blade length is 3-1/4 when open, thickness is 3mm, and weighs 4.8 oz.
One of the sharpest pocket knives that I recommend is Tac-Force Tactical Spring Assisted Knife 4.5. It has everything that you can ask for, and won’t cost you much. In addition, it is spring assisted, has the smartest edge, is sturdy, and is exceptionally durable. Plus, it works as a bottle opener and glass breaker too.
The stainless steel blade is half-serrated black, which makes it corrosion resistant. This knife is an excellent choice for everyday use. This spring-assisted knife is a must-have if you want an affordable and durable pocket knife. The high-quality blade steel used in the blade can cut anything; therefore, be careful.
- The belt and pocket clip make positioning the blade easy.
- The blade is razor-sharp.
- Good design and affordable.
- The locking mechanism needs some work.
#2 Kershaw Blur Black (1670BLK) Everyday Carry Pocket Knife
- Kershaw Blur pocket knife’s blade is made of Sandvik 14C28N steel, which offers high performance, combined with a corrosion resistance feature.
- The razor-sharp blade is coated with Cerakote, and the deployment of the blade is fast and quick.
- The locking system features a sturdy steel plate on the inside, which makes handling the knife convenient.
- The aluminum handle is long-lasting and durable. It is scratch and stain-resistant.
Another sturdy pocket knife to go for is Kershaw Blur Black (1670BLK) Everyday Carry Pocket Knife. This knife is small and meant for everyday carry. The safety lock feature is impressive and much better than other pocket knives at this price range. In addition, it features a plain edge.
The knife’s handle is good and won’t let your hands slip. The robust blade features cerakote coating, which is wear and corrosion-resistant. In addition, the revolutionary SpeedSafe assisted opening allows the fast deployment, secure grip and makes it a reliable pocket knife to have.
- It looks stunning with its all-black look.
- A limited lifetime warranty.
- Weighs only 4.2 Oz.
- The lack of serrated edge may make the blade lose its sharpness after some time.
#3 Victorinox Swiss Army Tinker Pocket Knife
- The knife is compact and is easy to carry, and has a red body.
- The blade length is 2.45 inches and comes along with multiple other tools.
- The weight is 2.2 oz and can cut a piece of wood, paper, vegetables, meat, and fruits in a hassle-free manner.
- The brand is known for making heavy-duty pocket knives.
The list will be incomplete with a Swiss Army knife. That’s why my third choice is Victorinox Swiss Army Tinker Pocket Knife. You can consider it to be a traditional pocket knife often coined as a military knife. It is compact, agile, sharp, and features a smart design. This is also a good pocket knife for kids.
The company had its inception in 1897, and since then, knife makers have gained a lot of popularity throughout the world. The blade is stainless steel and features a slimmer profile, making it stand out from the rest. In addition, it has a small blade, tweezers, toothpick, keyring, screwdriver, nail file, and scissors.
- Versatile and convenient to use.
- Additional tools work perfectly.
- A good everyday carry knife.
- Not a good knife for heavy-duty cutting.
#4 Spyderco Delica 4 Lightweight Signature Folding Knife
- Available in multiple handle colors, edge configuration, and blade grinds.
- It is ranked amongst the top and the best pocket knives, and the VG-10 blade provides a saber-ground grind.
- The handle has dual skeletonized stainless steel liners, which makes the knife more substantial and better.
- The handle offers a secure grip because it is molded on the FRN handle’s surface.
Spyderco Delica 4 folding knife comes in a full range of blade grinds, handle colors, and edge configurations. The sturdy and robust blade offers a saber-ground grind, and the tip is sharp. The handle consists of dual skeletonized stainless steel liners, which makes the knife stronger.
The ergonomics of the handle, along with thumb studs, allow a user to hold it properly. This one of the best folding knives is an excellent alternative to a fixed blade. The blade material is VG-10, and the knife’s performance is great.
- Looks great.
- The blade is sharp.
- The handle is comfortable to hold
- The blade can become dull and lose its edge soon.
#5 Buck Knives 375 Deuce Two Blade Folding Pocket Knife
- Buck Knives 375 Deuce features two blades in one knife. One blade can be used for cutting complex areas, and the second for intricate cuts.
- It weighs only .7 Oz, and the length is 2-5/8.
- The handle is made of wood grain, which gives it a stylish look.
- The blade has a nail notch, which allows the user to open it easily.
Buck Knives are known for their durable quality and high-end blade. The company was established in 1902, and the two-blade folding pocket knife is a reliable folding knife to go for. The blade is made of 420J2 steel, which is known for its corrosion resistance properties.
The coping blade can make cuts in tight or curved places, whereas the clip point blade is perfect for detailed work. In addition, the wood grain handle gives the knife a classy look.
- Deep finger grooves
- The stainless steel blade is heavy-duty.
- A nail notch is a good feature.
- The knife is pretty small. It can be challenging for big palms to hold it.
#6 Smith & Wesson SWMP4LS 8.6in S.S. Assisted Folding Knife
- The overall length of the knife is 8.6 inches, whereas the blade’s measurement is 3.6 inches.
- The knife weighs 7.6 ounces and features an aluminum handle.
- The pocket clip, M.A.G.I.C. assisted opening, and flipper/finger actuator allows a user to use it easily.
- The blade is made of anti-corrosion material.
When you plan for a camping night and looking for the best knife to carry with you, you can buy Smith & Wesson SWMP4LS. The blade is made of 4034 black oxide stainless steel, which is known for its anti-corrosion property.
It features an aluminum handle; the blade length is 3.6 inches, safe to use, and can easily chop trees and meats. The thumb studs on the handle allow easy handling. It also features a glass break, which makes this knife a must-have. However, it is good for everyday use.
- Long-lasting and durable.
- The blade is secure and dependable.
- It’s affordable and sharp.
- Some may find the knife a bit on the bulkier side.
#7 Gerber Gear 22-48485 Paraframe Mini Pocket Knife
- The overall weight of this item is 1.4 oz, making it a lightweight pocket knife.
- The total length of this sharpest knife is 5.13 inches, but the blade’s length is 2.22 inches.
- The lock type is a frame lock, which keeps the blade secure and safe.
- The blade is made of high carbon steel, and the handle material is stainless steel.
- Extremely lightweight and easy to carry.
- The pocket clip addition is good.
- The blade offers razor sharpness.
- One of the pocket clip cons is that it can catch rusting easily.
Gerber Gear 22-48485 is a lightweight knife, and all credit goes to its hollow stainless handle. It features a lock design and a fine-edge blade. It is easy to clean, opens without putting in a lot of effort, and the stainless steel handle gives it a rough and tough look.
But since everything is good quality carbon steel, one has to invest more time in maintaining it to keep corrosion at bay. When it comes to carrying it, you will find no difficulty in doing that.
What’s Most Important to You in a Pocket Knife?
Despite their small size, most pocket knives are reliable to own. It can help you cut things quickly and even become a self-defense tool when required. While not everyone may understand the importance of carrying a pocket knife, someone who has it can tell you about the myriad benefits of using it.
- There is no better tool than these knives when you go on a hiking or camping trip. It fits into your bag perfectly, won’t consume a lot of space, and is handy. You can even use it for wild adventures, such as cutting a rope to set up a tent, slicing fruits, cutting meat and vegetables, and much more.
- Some of the knives will even let you cut and open things if needed. Many come with additional tools that will allow you to open a bottle, break glass, and much more. Some even feature two blades, which will enable you to use a blade depending on the circumstance.
- Finally, there is no better tool than the sharpest pocket knife when it comes to self-defense. There can be people who want to hurt you when they find you alone or even wild animals; a folding knife is helpful in such tricky situations. But after using it, ensure to close the knife properly.
Buying Guide for Best Pocket Knives
Before buying a pocket knife, there are a few things that you should always pay attention to. The better you know about the sharpest pocket knife, the better the blade will turn out to be. You need a knife that will come in handy in different situations.
Since I have had my fair share of struggles while choosing my first good pocket knife, I have prepared a guide to help you make an informed decision.
Things to Consider When Buying Pocket Knives
Even though they are small and easy to carry, you should look at the blade size. A knife three to four inches long combined with a serrated edge will be an excellent option to go for. Also, go with stainless steel blades with good edge retention. A strong blade will last long.
You need a knife that will cut through the trickiest of areas without putting in much effort. Even if you don’t want to cut meat or wood, it is better to go for a knife that can cut all these items because a blade that allows you to do that is always sharp.
Buy a knife with a good handle grip. The handle should be non-slippery so that your hand stays secure and safe. Also, ensure that the handle is strong and won’t break apart. You can find one with a liner lock. A liner lock is useful.
Buying a folding pocket knife won’t be difficult if you know how to go about it. But, of course, the first-time experience may turn out to be challenging, but to help you overcome the challenge, I have prepared this detailed guide on the sharpest pocket knives.
My verdict goes for Tac-Force Tactical Spring Assisted Knife 4.5 because out of all the knives, at this price, there are hardly any sharpest knives that live up to the expectations. I hope this article will help you pick the right folding pocket knife and make sure to use it only when needed. Stay safe, fellas!