As one of the most versatile and popular knives in the market, the KABAR BK2 holds true to its reputation. With the KABAR name attached to it, one will know very well that it can be up to par with its legendary brother, the 1219c. In case you are planning to get one, check out the brief KABAR BK2 review below.
KA-BAR Becker BK2 Campanion Fixed Blade Knife
- Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 13.7 x 3.4 x 2.6 inches
- 20-degree Angle: This design makes this knife a good game and skinning knife. This angle also makes it easier for its user to slash through all sorts of stuff.
If you are a knife enthusiast, you should already know the story of how KA-BAR became a popular knife manufacturer. KA-BAR is now a well-known manufacturer and seller of military, tactical, all-purpose, utility, hunting, outdoor, and law enforcement knives, and this company is the one responsible for manufacturing and selling the KABAR BK2.
Actually, the design of the knife was heavily consulted by Ethan Becker. Becker is a chef, a mountain climber, and a renowned survivalist. As an expert survival enthusiast himself, he joined KABAR, and they were able to produce one of the most loved survival knivesâ€”the KABAR Becker Companion BK2 fixed-blade knife.
- Five and a Half Inches Blade: This is both an advantage and a disadvantage. The shortness of the blade can make it hard for it to baton bigger chunks of branches and wood. However, only a few people do that since many do not approve of that survival technique. Its advantage is that the knife can maintain its lightweight. Since this knife has a thick blade, adding an inch to it can add to its weight greatly.
- 1095 cro-van Steel Blade: Cro-van steel blades are primarily made from carbon steel. They do not lose their sharp edge quickly, and when they do, it is easy for the user to sharpen with a whetstone. As of now, 1095 cro-van steel is used in many KA-BAR knives.
- 1/4 Inch Blade Thickness: This ensures toughness. Also, since the blade is thick, it is easier to apply force to it. Its user can also rest assured that it will not bend or break easily when used.
- Drop Point Blade Shape: Aside from the other qualities of KABAR BK2â€™s blade, the drop point blade shape makes the knife excellent as a kitchen knife.
- Grivory Handle: This handle provides a nice, smooth, and balanced grip to the user.
- Glass Filled Nylon Sheath: Glass-filled nylon is basically nylon with some glass particles mixed into it. The glass adds durability, though the amount is controlled to retain the nylonâ€™s flexibility. Due to that, the sheath is extraordinarily tough but is flexible as well.
- Multiple Lanyard Holes: The sheath and the knife have many holes on them, and the user can attach a lanyard in any of them.
Feedback from Other Sources
As of now, the KABAR BK2 holds the number one spot in Amazonâ€™s fixed blade tool knives category. It also has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars with over 1500 reviews. It has a 91.58% satisfaction rating from its verified users.
It is cheaper than the other knives that can equal its quality like the Tom Brown Tracker and the ASH-1. It now costs around $55 to $60 to buy a used KABAR BK2 and around $65 to $90 to buy a brand new one. If one would compare it to other high-end knives, it is five to six times cheaper.
Amazon has an accurate rating on this, and because of that, its rating will be the same here: 4.6 out of 5 stars.
See the latest prices at our recommended retailers (we found they truly do have the best prices – if not one, then the other will often have a special sale or something!